Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Shoulds

I spend a lot of time blaming myself for not succeeding at things that I should be able to do.  I hope that at some point I'll be able to accept that there are things that I find difficult or can't do and that it isn't my fault. I'm not there yet.

Things that I should be able to do (according to me)
  1. Drive a car
  2. Walk without bumping into anything or tripping
  3. Not spill things all the time
  4. Not break things
  5. Draw a picture that doesn't look like a young child did it
  6. Start projects around the house and then finish them
  7. Know how to organize myself and do simple things without having to think them through and give myself a pep talk first
  8. Not lose things
  9. Remember how to do physical things that I've learned in the past rather than having to re-learn them over and over (like diving)
  10. Make beautiful things like stained glass or mosaics
  11. Stop daydreaming and pay attention
  12. Remember what someone told me 3 minutes ago
  13. Take good notes in meetings
  14. Recognize places that I've seen before
  15. Recognize people and remember their names
  16. Not be awkward in work and social situations with more than 3 strangers
  17. Be confident and outgoing
  18. Tie my shoes and have them stay tied
  19. Untie knots
  20. Remember what I went upstairs to get
  21. Do more than one thing at a time
  22. Accept change with enthusiasm instead of terror

No comments:

Post a Comment